Friday, October 23, 2009

Kickin it in Cairns!

It's hard to tell but this is a mango tree & the light brown thing in the picture is a bat or "flying fox" as they call them down here.
Liz is pointing to a ginormous grasshopper!!


Liz & I all dolled up & ready for a night on the town!





While most of my time is spent on the farm outside of Mareeba I do get to hop on the bus & head into Cairns every now & again for a weekend off. I actually really like the city of Cairns-it has a relaxed easy going feel to it with plenty to do & lots of tourist stuff nearby. Thats not even mentioning all the opportunities there are to go out on the Great Barrier either on boats, diving or snorkeling trips. I plan to wait till I'm done working & ready to hit the road again before I go diving on the reef. Liz ended up quitting her job in Alice Springs (literally in the middle of Australia with nothing around) & came over to the east coast & we spent a few days in town together then she came & visited me on the farm. Its a lot more fun having someone I can talk to again & meet up with in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment